Holistic Doula Certification Requirements
Attending the Holistic Doula training is your first step toward becoming a Certified Holistic Doula. There's more work to do after the training to become certified. As you should expect with any legitimate training! A Certified Holistic Doula is a Birth and Postpartum Doula that also offers Holistic Therapies for pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. Certification requirements include attendance, experiences, written assignments, and exams. You don't have to wait to be certified to start your career, though. As soon as you complete the training, you can start providing services as a doula while you work toward certification.
- Each student will be required to attend the full class time for credit.
- 4 online lecture classes and an optional Virtual Wellness Wednesday
- Total hours earned, including practical work, is 200 contact hours.
- 1 year will be given to complete the full certification. (Contact us for extensions or alternative assignments)
- Complete all assignments/quizzes with a passing grade of 80% or better.
- Attend and actively participate in all classes.
- Provide 3 verified holistic and alternative therapies to a parent
- Support 3 verified postpartum doula clients
- Support 3 verified birth doula clients (contact us if accommodations are needed)
- Birth & Postpartum Resource list for your residential area and online
The nine assignments can be completed with a minimum of three clients if you choose to.
Completion of the entire online training grants you a 1-year provisional certificate to be used as proof for you to secure the clients for the completion of the assignments. A renewal of the provisional certificate may be obtained for an additional year provided proof is submitted of consistent efforts in the certification requirements. Upon program completion of all practical assignments, the student will be certified to offer professional services as a Certified Holistic Birth and Postpartum Doula (CD). Please contact us if you have any questions or circumstances that may need to be considered for you to become certified.
Our goal is for you to have a positive training experience and work together with us in the community. If you have any concerns related to the course, please let us know.